Fresh snow in Shimla, Manali
Shimla: Fresh snow in Himachal Pradesh`s tourist resorts of Shimla and Manali Thursday resulted in cold wave conditions continuing in the state. The Met office said the chill would extend over the weekend.
"Shimla received 8.4 cm of snow whereas Manali got 15 cm in the past 24 hours (till Thursday morning)," a Met official said.
He said there would be no relief from extreme cold as the state is in line for more snow and rain this weekend.
The minimum temperature in Shimla and Manali was minus 1.8 degrees Celsius and minus 2 degrees respectively.
Vehicular traffic in these towns remained partially affected in the morning due to a thick layer of frost.
Kalpa, some 250 km from here which experienced 5.6 cm of snow and saw the minimum temperature of minus 5.6 degrees, while it was 2.7 degrees in Dharamsala.
The Met office said a fresh western disturbance as an upper air system is likely to affect the western Himalayan region from Jan 14.
"There are chances of widespread rain and snow in the state Sunday (Jan 15)," said Manmohan Singh, director of the meteorological office.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog