Fresh snowfall drapes Manali in white
Shimla/Manali: Hills overlooking the picturesque resort of Manali in Himachal Pradesh were wrapped in a white blanket for the second consecutive day Wednesday with the Met office predicting more snow and rain across the state in the next 24 hours.
"Areas near Manali, including the famous Solang ski slopes, have been experiencing moderate spells of snow since Tuesday," said a Met department official.
He said the higher reaches of Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have also been experiencing snowfall.
The weatherman said there were chances of more rainfall and snowfall in the state till April 7.
Keylong was the coldest place in the state with a low of minus 1.1 degrees Celsius, while it was 2 degrees Celsius in Kalpa, 10.5 degrees Celsius in Dharamsala and 9.1 degrees Celsius in Bhuntar.
Shimla recorded a low of 9.2 degrees Celsius.
"The Solang ski slopes are still wrapped in snow and the recent snow has made the slopes perfect," said Randhir Singh Salhuria, director of the state-run Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports in Manali.
The mountaineering institute is conducting courses and events for skiers - both amateurs and professionals - in Solang. The course that began Jan 11 would continue till the slopes remain wrapped in a thick blanket of snow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev