Graft cases: Himachal court fumes over delay
Shimla: Angry over delay in sanction for prosecution in corruption cases probed by the vigilance department, the Himachal Pradesh High Court on Thursday summoned officials from several departments on December 14 with details on pending matters.
The division bench comprising Chief Justice Kurian Joseph and Justice Rajiv Sharma directed the additional chief secretary (cooperative) and principal secretaries of personnel, vigilance, irrigation and public health, revenue, public works, rural development and panchayati raj departments to appear before it.
They were also directed to furnish details of corruption cases where the prosecution sanction was pending.
The court`s order came during a hearing in a corruption case where the vigilance department was awaiting prosecution sanction for over three years.
Showing dissatisfaction with the working of the vigilance department, the judges earlier directed the inspector general of vigilance to furnish details of cases where investigation was complete but they were awaiting prosecution sanction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer