Graft cases: Himachal court fumes over delay
Shimla: Angry over delay in sanction for prosecution in corruption cases probed by the vigilance department, the Himachal Pradesh High Court on Thursday summoned officials from several departments on December 14 with details on pending matters.
The division bench comprising Chief Justice Kurian Joseph and Justice Rajiv Sharma directed the additional chief secretary (cooperative) and principal secretaries of personnel, vigilance, irrigation and public health, revenue, public works, rural development and panchayati raj departments to appear before it.
They were also directed to furnish details of corruption cases where the prosecution sanction was pending.
The court`s order came during a hearing in a corruption case where the vigilance department was awaiting prosecution sanction for over three years.
Showing dissatisfaction with the working of the vigilance department, the judges earlier directed the inspector general of vigilance to furnish details of cases where investigation was complete but they were awaiting prosecution sanction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand