Grenade blast was an accident: Dhumal
Shimla: The grenade blast in army firing
range that left three children dead was an accident and a
probe has ruled out any terror activity, Himachal Pradesh
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal said on Thursday.
"There is no foul play and suspicion of any terrorist
activity. This is a case of an accident leading to the tragic
death of three young school boys," he told the State Assembly
quoting the probe report.
Dhumal, who also holds the Home portfolio, said probe
into the Tuesday blast was on to find out who had left shells
there and also its manufacturer.
Three children of Kahala village, about 15 kms from
Dharamsala, who had gone to Nagni Mata temple in Brahmanu Galu
forest, about a km away from army`s Kachhayari firing range,
were killed while attempting to extract metal out of shells.
Dhumal said six shells of 51 mm mortar were lying in the
jungle, out of which three exploded killing as many boys. Rest
were defused by police bomb disposal squad.
Bodies of Rahul (13), Sahil (12) -- both siblings -- and
Chandan (13) were found lying near a banyan tree, he said.
Dhumal said state government would take up the matter
with the Centre as well as the army to ask them to take utmost
On the charges of BJP MLA from Kangra Sanjay Chaudhary
that doctors delayed the post-mortem of the children, the CM
said an inquiry has been ordered into it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them