Guru Nanak`s teachings more relevant than ever: Virbhadra
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh today exhorted the people to follow the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev, the founder of Sikhism and said that his philosophy of love, peace and brotherhood was more relevant then ever.
He was speaking at a local Singh Sabha Gurudwara here to mark the 544th "Prakash Utsav" (birth anniversary) of Guru Nanak Dev.
The Chief Minister said Guru Nanak preached love, peace and communal harmony to strengthen the bond of universal brotherhood.
Singh was presented a `Siropa`, photograph of Guru Nanak Dev jee and a Kripan by the Gurudwara president. He further said that in order to facilitate the students from minority communities, the state government has decided to appoint 100 teachers each in Punjabi and Urdu in selected government schools.
He said that these teachers would be appointed on contract basis and their services would be regularised after completion of stipulated time.
Singh claimed that during his earlier term as Chief Minister, his government has decided to appoint Punjabi and Urdu teachers, but the previous BJP government appointed only 74 Punjabi teachers and that too with out making any proper budget provision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi