Guv, CM mourn death of HP jawans in J&K
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Governor Urmila Singh and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh have expressed grief over killing of three jawans from the state in a gunbattle with the militants in Pulwama district in south Kashmir.
Ashwani Kumar Banyal, Kamaljeet and Ajit Singh of Rashtriya Rifles were killed in an encounter with the militants in Jammu and Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
Conveying their condolences to the bereaved families, they said that their sacrifice for country would always be remembered.
"The valour shown by martyrs has not only brought glory to the nation but also to state as well and this supreme sacrifice shall always be remembered", the governor said.
The Chief Minister said that Himachal was known as `Vir Bhoomi` and the government well recognises the contribution of these martyrs had made for the security of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Divorce rates lowest among Hindus; more prevalent in Muslims, reveals latest Census data | Know details
- Persistent cough? Five possible causes and why you should see your doctor!
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria