Guv, CM mourn death of HP jawans in J&K
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Governor Urmila Singh and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh have expressed grief over killing of three jawans from the state in a gunbattle with the militants in Pulwama district in south Kashmir.
Ashwani Kumar Banyal, Kamaljeet and Ajit Singh of Rashtriya Rifles were killed in an encounter with the militants in Jammu and Kashmir`s Pulwama district.
Conveying their condolences to the bereaved families, they said that their sacrifice for country would always be remembered.
"The valour shown by martyrs has not only brought glory to the nation but also to state as well and this supreme sacrifice shall always be remembered", the governor said.
The Chief Minister said that Himachal was known as `Vir Bhoomi` and the government well recognises the contribution of these martyrs had made for the security of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`