Hasn’t resigned from poll committee: Virbhadra
New Delhi: Taking a complete U-turn from yesterday’s (Friday) offer to quit as the chairman of the campaign and manifesto committee for elections in Himachal Pradesh, former Union Minister Virbhadra Singh, after talking to senior Congress member has changed his mind.
According to sources, the veteran leader has now agreed to stay with the HP poll panel.
Miffed at not being included in the all-important election screening committee which will pick up candidates for the upcoming polls, the veteran Congress leader had also written a letter to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday.
The former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister was upset over reports that Congress high command is mulling not to name him as the party’s chief ministerial candidate in the next assembly election.
As per news reports, Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh met Virbhadra Singh today to mollify him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'