Hasn’t resigned from poll committee: Virbhadra
New Delhi: Taking a complete U-turn from yesterday’s (Friday) offer to quit as the chairman of the campaign and manifesto committee for elections in Himachal Pradesh, former Union Minister Virbhadra Singh, after talking to senior Congress member has changed his mind.
According to sources, the veteran leader has now agreed to stay with the HP poll panel.
Miffed at not being included in the all-important election screening committee which will pick up candidates for the upcoming polls, the veteran Congress leader had also written a letter to Congress chief Sonia Gandhi on Friday.
The former Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister was upset over reports that Congress high command is mulling not to name him as the party’s chief ministerial candidate in the next assembly election.
As per news reports, Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh met Virbhadra Singh today to mollify him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir