HC notice to Himachal minister over teacher`s transfer
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh High Court has sought an explanation from the state forest minister on the plea of a junior basic teacher (JBT) teacher alleging that he was recently transferred on political grounds.
Justice VK Sharma on Friday stayed the transfer order of petitioner Prem Singh and issued notices to Forest Minister Thakur Singh Bharmouri and the state government, asking them to file replies within three weeks.
The court listed the matter for next hearing June 27.
The petition said the transfer was ordered on the recommendations of the forest minister, otherwise there was no proposal to transfer him.
Earlier too the high court had intervened in the transfers of employees executed by the government, an official told a news agency.
It had stayed at least five transfers and cancelled one, the official added.
A division bench of Justice Sanjay Karol and Justice Kuldip Singh had last month stayed the transfer of JBT teacher Vijay Lakshmi that had been effected on the recommendation of Public Health Minister Vidya Stokes.
Vijay Lakshmi had moved the court with the plea that she was transferred on political grounds.
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has been saying that the five-month-old Congress government has focussed on transferring employees from one place to another on political grounds.
"The government has issued over 35,000 demi-official notes recommending transfer of employees. Of these, over 15,000 transfers have been implemented," BJP legislator and state general secretary Randhir Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video