HC seeks record relating to case against V B Singh
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh High Court has called for the entire material relating to the corruption case registered against Union Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh, and
his wife Pratibha Singh from the state government and the state DGP.
The case was registered on the basis of a CD purportedly containing the voices of Virbhadra Singh and Pratibha Singh.
A division bench of the High Court consisting of Chief Justice Kurian Joseph and Justice V K Ahuja passed the orders on the petition of V B Singh and his wife.
They had sought quashing of the FIR along with all subsequent proceedings, transferring the investigation to the CBI and staying the trial court proceedings in the case.
The bench said, that after seeing the material on record, it will be decided as to, whether any notice need to be issued in the case to other respondents, Prem Kumar Dhumal, D S Manhas, S M Katwal, Director Central Forensic Science
Laboratory Chandigarh, and CBI.
The case relates to an audio CD released by former minister Vijay Singh Mankotia, at a press conference in Dharamshala on May 28, 2007 alleging that it contained the voices of Virbhadra Singh, Pratibha Singh, Mohinder Lal, a retired IAS Officer and K N Sharma (now deceased).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic