HC seeks record relating to case against V B Singh
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh High Court has called for the entire material relating to the corruption case registered against Union Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh, and
his wife Pratibha Singh from the state government and the state DGP.
The case was registered on the basis of a CD purportedly containing the voices of Virbhadra Singh and Pratibha Singh.
A division bench of the High Court consisting of Chief Justice Kurian Joseph and Justice V K Ahuja passed the orders on the petition of V B Singh and his wife.
They had sought quashing of the FIR along with all subsequent proceedings, transferring the investigation to the CBI and staying the trial court proceedings in the case.
The bench said, that after seeing the material on record, it will be decided as to, whether any notice need to be issued in the case to other respondents, Prem Kumar Dhumal, D S Manhas, S M Katwal, Director Central Forensic Science
Laboratory Chandigarh, and CBI.
The case relates to an audio CD released by former minister Vijay Singh Mankotia, at a press conference in Dharamshala on May 28, 2007 alleging that it contained the voices of Virbhadra Singh, Pratibha Singh, Mohinder Lal, a retired IAS Officer and K N Sharma (now deceased).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan