Heat in HP Assembly during discussion on mining
Shimla: A discussion on auction policy for
mining along Khuds on Tuesday generated heat in Himachal Pradesh Assembly as opposition members accused the government of
promoting mining mafia and Industries Minister Krishan Kapoor
rebutting the allegations.
Agitated by the allegations of opposition members,
Kapoor alleged the mining mafia" was active during previous
Congress rule and claimed the present government had taken
several steps to make the auction process transparent,
intensify checking and imposing fine for illegal extraction of
sand, stone and grit from Khuds.
He expressed surprise that the issue was not raised when
nothing was being done to rein in the minimg mafia but now the
opposition members were training guns at the government when
all efforts are being made to streamline things.
Kapoor said that as per 2004 policy, there was no
provision for auctioning the Khuds but the present government
amended the rules to facilitate grant of mining lease through
auction in November 2009.
However, the auction was stalled as some affected people
went to the court which, however, upheld the decision of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM