Heat in HP Assembly during discussion on mining
Shimla: A discussion on auction policy for
mining along Khuds on Tuesday generated heat in Himachal Pradesh Assembly as opposition members accused the government of
promoting mining mafia and Industries Minister Krishan Kapoor
rebutting the allegations.
Agitated by the allegations of opposition members,
Kapoor alleged the mining mafia" was active during previous
Congress rule and claimed the present government had taken
several steps to make the auction process transparent,
intensify checking and imposing fine for illegal extraction of
sand, stone and grit from Khuds.
He expressed surprise that the issue was not raised when
nothing was being done to rein in the minimg mafia but now the
opposition members were training guns at the government when
all efforts are being made to streamline things.
Kapoor said that as per 2004 policy, there was no
provision for auctioning the Khuds but the present government
amended the rules to facilitate grant of mining lease through
auction in November 2009.
However, the auction was stalled as some affected people
went to the court which, however, upheld the decision of the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof