Heavy rain in Himachal, rivers in spate
Shimla: The hills of Himachal Pradesh continued to experience moderate to heavy rainfall Monday, causing landslides in some areas and blocking the highways, while all the major rivers and their tributaries were in spate, officials said.
While Guler town recorded the highest rainfall in the state at 95 mm, it was 87 mm in Nagrota Suriyan, 65 mm in Sujanpur Thira and 61 mm in Gohar.
State capital Shimla saw 35 mm rain.
An official of the local Met office said there are chances of heavy rainfall at some places in the state till Wednesday.
Incessant rains have also caused massive landslides on National Highways 21 and 22 in Shimla, Kinnaur, Mandi and Kullu districts, hampering vehicular traffic.
The water level in the major rivers of the state - the Satluj, Beas and Yamuna - which enter the neighbouring states of Punjab and Haryana has also increased, a government official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof