Heavy showers lash Shimla, mercury dips to 22 deg
Shimla: Shimla and its surrounding areas were lashed by sharp showers for the second day on Sunday causing sharp fall in day temperature which dipped to 22 degree Celsius.
Showers were accompanied by strong winds forcing people to rush indoors. The minimum temperature also dropped to 15.1 deg after the town recorded 12.4 mm of rains during past 24 hours.
Dharamsala was wettest in the region with 44 mm rains but maximum temperature remained steady at 35.5 deg while Sundernagar and Udaipur recorded 25 mm of rains. Mandi received 19.2 mm of rains but there was no appreciable change in mercury.
However, the maximum day temperatures stayed four to seven notches above normal in spite of rains but minimum night temperatures dropped by two to three deg C.
Mandi was hottest during the night with a low of 26.2 deg C while Una recorded a high of 25 deg C, followed by Nahan 21.7 deg, Dharamsala 21.4 deg, Sundernagar 20.5 deg and Solan 18.5 deg, 3.4 deg below normal.
Hamirpur recorded 15 mm rains, followed by Gaggal 10 mm, Bharmour and Sainj 7 mm each, Kufri 6 mm and Jubbarhatti 4 mm.
The local MeT has predicted rains or thunderstorm at several places during next 48 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday