Heavy snowfall in Lahaul-Spiti fails to stop pulse polio drive
Keylong (HP): The heavy snowfall in
Himachal Pradesh`s failed to affect the pulse polio drive as a
large number of people went to immunisation centres on Sunday to
get their children immunised.
Reports from the field suggest that the success rate
of today`s pulse polio programme is almost 90 per cent in the
district despite hostile weather conditions, Chief Medical
Officer (CMO) Shamsher Singh said.
Braving snowfall since last night, women reached at
the booths set up for the drive with their children, he said,
adding 81 booths set up in the district for administering
Tashi Palmo, a staff at Bhotti school booth said a
total of 23 children from nearby villages under the targeted
group arrived for the vaccine.
The CMO said teams of volunteers would take a round of
the district for next two days to administer vaccines to the
left out children.
Due to continuous snowfall since last night, over two
feet snow has been deposited in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...