Heavy snowfall in Lahaul-Spiti fails to stop pulse polio drive
Keylong (HP): The heavy snowfall in
Himachal Pradesh`s failed to affect the pulse polio drive as a
large number of people went to immunisation centres on Sunday to
get their children immunised.
Reports from the field suggest that the success rate
of today`s pulse polio programme is almost 90 per cent in the
district despite hostile weather conditions, Chief Medical
Officer (CMO) Shamsher Singh said.
Braving snowfall since last night, women reached at
the booths set up for the drive with their children, he said,
adding 81 booths set up in the district for administering
Tashi Palmo, a staff at Bhotti school booth said a
total of 23 children from nearby villages under the targeted
group arrived for the vaccine.
The CMO said teams of volunteers would take a round of
the district for next two days to administer vaccines to the
left out children.
Due to continuous snowfall since last night, over two
feet snow has been deposited in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter