Heavy snowfall in Lahaul-Spiti fails to stop pulse polio drive
Keylong (HP): The heavy snowfall in
Himachal Pradesh`s failed to affect the pulse polio drive as a
large number of people went to immunisation centres on Sunday to
get their children immunised.
Reports from the field suggest that the success rate
of today`s pulse polio programme is almost 90 per cent in the
district despite hostile weather conditions, Chief Medical
Officer (CMO) Shamsher Singh said.
Braving snowfall since last night, women reached at
the booths set up for the drive with their children, he said,
adding 81 booths set up in the district for administering
Tashi Palmo, a staff at Bhotti school booth said a
total of 23 children from nearby villages under the targeted
group arrived for the vaccine.
The CMO said teams of volunteers would take a round of
the district for next two days to administer vaccines to the
left out children.
Due to continuous snowfall since last night, over two
feet snow has been deposited in the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore