Hills near Shimla, Manali get more snow
Shimla: Hills near the popular tourist destinations of Shimla and Manali on Sunday saw moderate snowfall, a weather official said here predicting more snow in the region.
"The Kufri hill slopes near Shimla and Kothi and Marhi near Manali have been experiencing moderate snowfall since Sunday early," a spokesperson for the meteorological office said.
He said the higher hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Kinnaur, Shimla and Kullu districts experienced moderate to heavy snowfall.
"The chances of more snowfall in the mid and higher hills are more on Sunday night as western disturbances are active the region," he said.
Popular tourist destinations Shimla, Kasauli, Manali, Dharamsala, Chamba and Dalhousie have been experiencing intermittent rain.
However, the air link between New Delhi and Himachal was normal on Sunday.
The state capital recorded a low of 2.6 degrees Celsius early Sunday, while it was minus 1.4 degrees in Manali, minus 3 degrees in Kalpa in Kinnaur district and 3.5 degrees in Dharamsala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'