Hills overlooking Manali get snow again
Shimla, Feb 6 (IANS) Hills overlooking Himachal Pradesh`s picturesque tourist resort of Manali saw another spell of snowfall Sunday but the entire state has been experiencing unusually high temperatures.
"The minimum temperature in the state recorded Sunday was four to seven degrees above the average for this time of the year mainly due to partly cloudy skies," a met department official said here.
The hills in upper Manali have been experiencing intermittent snowfall since early Sunday morning. "The entire higher reaches in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have been getting snow," he added.
Meanwhile, Shimla recorded a low of 8.1 degrees Celsius, seven degrees above average.
Keylong, some 250 km from Manali, was the coldest place in the state with a low of minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw the night temperature at 0.6 degree Celsius, four degrees above average while it was 9.5 degrees at Bhuntar, seven degrees above average.
Dharamsala recorded a low of 4.7 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30