Hills overlooking Manali get snow again
Shimla, Feb 6 (IANS) Hills overlooking Himachal Pradesh`s picturesque tourist resort of Manali saw another spell of snowfall Sunday but the entire state has been experiencing unusually high temperatures.
"The minimum temperature in the state recorded Sunday was four to seven degrees above the average for this time of the year mainly due to partly cloudy skies," a met department official said here.
The hills in upper Manali have been experiencing intermittent snowfall since early Sunday morning. "The entire higher reaches in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have been getting snow," he added.
Meanwhile, Shimla recorded a low of 8.1 degrees Celsius, seven degrees above average.
Keylong, some 250 km from Manali, was the coldest place in the state with a low of minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw the night temperature at 0.6 degree Celsius, four degrees above average while it was 9.5 degrees at Bhuntar, seven degrees above average.
Dharamsala recorded a low of 4.7 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say