Hills overlooking Manali get snow again
Shimla, Feb 6 (IANS) Hills overlooking Himachal Pradesh`s picturesque tourist resort of Manali saw another spell of snowfall Sunday but the entire state has been experiencing unusually high temperatures.
"The minimum temperature in the state recorded Sunday was four to seven degrees above the average for this time of the year mainly due to partly cloudy skies," a met department official said here.
The hills in upper Manali have been experiencing intermittent snowfall since early Sunday morning. "The entire higher reaches in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have been getting snow," he added.
Meanwhile, Shimla recorded a low of 8.1 degrees Celsius, seven degrees above average.
Keylong, some 250 km from Manali, was the coldest place in the state with a low of minus 5.4 degrees Celsius, four degrees above normal.
Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw the night temperature at 0.6 degree Celsius, four degrees above average while it was 9.5 degrees at Bhuntar, seven degrees above average.
Dharamsala recorded a low of 4.7 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi