Himachal achieves Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan targets
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh has achieved 100 percent target of enrolment, retention and transition of students in Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), the central government`s programme for achievement of universalisation of elementary education, an official said on Thursday.
"To ensure and monitor learning level of students studying in government schools, assessment tests would be conducted on regular intervals," SSA`s project director DC Rana said in a statement.
He said base-line assessment of all students studying in classes second to eighth would be conducted May 27 and 29. Rana said the test would be conducted in all major subjects including Hindi, English, Maths and Science.
The SSA project director said the questionnaire for the test has been developed at state-level by the SSA pedagogy wing with help from government school teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends