Himachal achieves Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan targets
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh has achieved 100 percent target of enrolment, retention and transition of students in Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA), the central government`s programme for achievement of universalisation of elementary education, an official said on Thursday.
"To ensure and monitor learning level of students studying in government schools, assessment tests would be conducted on regular intervals," SSA`s project director DC Rana said in a statement.
He said base-line assessment of all students studying in classes second to eighth would be conducted May 27 and 29. Rana said the test would be conducted in all major subjects including Hindi, English, Maths and Science.
The SSA project director said the questionnaire for the test has been developed at state-level by the SSA pedagogy wing with help from government school teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends