Himachal Assembly adjourned sine die
Shimla: As the stand-off between the treasury and opposition benches continued in the Himachal Pradesh assembly on the fifth day of the 16-day monsoon session, Speaker B.B.L. Butail Tuesday adjourned the house sine die with voice vote.
The Assembly was earlier scheduled to convene till Aug 29.
Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said since “the stalemate between the government and the opposition is on and the government has no further business, we want to house to adjourn sine die”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what