Himachal Assembly passes general budget for 2013-1
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha on Friday passed the general budget for 2013-14 and also adopted the related Appropriation Bill, authorising the state government to spend Rs 23,349.87 crore from Consolidated Fund.
The House discussed and passed the demands in respect of Education, Urban Development and Public Works Department while the remaining demands were passed without discussion.
The opposition members withdrew the cut motions after the reply of the concerned ministers and the budget, presented in the House by chief minister Virbhadra Singh was on March 14 was adopted by voice vote.
During discussions on demands for Public Works Department, the members raised the issue of maintenance of road and delay in forest clearance for construction of new roads.
Members demanded that the issue of getting more funds for maintenance of National Highways be raised with National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
The Chief Minister assured the members that their suggestions and demands would be given due consideration and besides getting more funds from NHAI, efforts would be made to properly maintain the roads constructed under NABARD and PMGSY as they were life lines of the state.
He said another hurdle in construction of roads was that people were not willing to give their lands and acquisition of land was consuming time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof