Himachal Assembly winter session from Dec 14
Shimla: The week-long winter session of the Himachal Pradesh legislative Assembly will be held at Dharamsala from Dec 14, a minister said here on Thursday.
Governor Prabha Rau has recommended convening of the winter session of the Assembly from Dec 14 to 21 at Dharamsala, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs J.P. Nadda told a news service.
The last session of the Assembly in August was stormy in which various issues ranging from the appointment of chief parliamentary secretaries to the registration of corruption cases against Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife, Pratibha Singh were raised by the opposition Congress and stalled proceedings a number of times.
The much-publicised Himachal Pradesh Educational Institutions (Prohibition of Ragging) Act, 2009, to curb ragging in educational institutions in the state was passed by the Assembly in the last session, following a notorious death by ragging.
Dharamsala in Kangra district, the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile, is also considered the winter capital of the Himalayan state. It is some 250 km from state capital Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics