Himachal Assembly winter session from Dec 14
Shimla: The week-long winter session of the Himachal Pradesh legislative Assembly will be held at Dharamsala from Dec 14, a minister said here on Thursday.
Governor Prabha Rau has recommended convening of the winter session of the Assembly from Dec 14 to 21 at Dharamsala, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs J.P. Nadda told a news service.
The last session of the Assembly in August was stormy in which various issues ranging from the appointment of chief parliamentary secretaries to the registration of corruption cases against Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife, Pratibha Singh were raised by the opposition Congress and stalled proceedings a number of times.
The much-publicised Himachal Pradesh Educational Institutions (Prohibition of Ragging) Act, 2009, to curb ragging in educational institutions in the state was passed by the Assembly in the last session, following a notorious death by ragging.
Dharamsala in Kangra district, the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile, is also considered the winter capital of the Himalayan state. It is some 250 km from state capital Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi