Himachal Assembly winter session from Dec 14
Shimla: The week-long winter session of the Himachal Pradesh legislative Assembly will be held at Dharamsala from Dec 14, a minister said here on Thursday.
Governor Prabha Rau has recommended convening of the winter session of the Assembly from Dec 14 to 21 at Dharamsala, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs J.P. Nadda told a news service.
The last session of the Assembly in August was stormy in which various issues ranging from the appointment of chief parliamentary secretaries to the registration of corruption cases against Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife, Pratibha Singh were raised by the opposition Congress and stalled proceedings a number of times.
The much-publicised Himachal Pradesh Educational Institutions (Prohibition of Ragging) Act, 2009, to curb ragging in educational institutions in the state was passed by the Assembly in the last session, following a notorious death by ragging.
Dharamsala in Kangra district, the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile, is also considered the winter capital of the Himalayan state. It is some 250 km from state capital Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'