Himachal Assembly winter session from Dec 14
Shimla: The week-long winter session of the Himachal Pradesh legislative Assembly will be held at Dharamsala from Dec 14, a minister said here on Thursday.
Governor Prabha Rau has recommended convening of the winter session of the Assembly from Dec 14 to 21 at Dharamsala, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs J.P. Nadda told a news service.
The last session of the Assembly in August was stormy in which various issues ranging from the appointment of chief parliamentary secretaries to the registration of corruption cases against Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife, Pratibha Singh were raised by the opposition Congress and stalled proceedings a number of times.
The much-publicised Himachal Pradesh Educational Institutions (Prohibition of Ragging) Act, 2009, to curb ragging in educational institutions in the state was passed by the Assembly in the last session, following a notorious death by ragging.
Dharamsala in Kangra district, the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile, is also considered the winter capital of the Himalayan state. It is some 250 km from state capital Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Congress rushes in defence of 'sidelined' AAP Punjab convener
- Bad time continues for banks; Kingfisher Airlines brands auction fails again
- Punjab seeks CBI probe in shooting of RSS leader
- French PM Manuel Valls praises economy, says growth target in reach
- Judges must not hesitate to give severest punishment to rapists: Court