Himachal Assembly winter session from Dec 14
Shimla: The week-long winter session of the Himachal Pradesh legislative Assembly will be held at Dharamsala from Dec 14, a minister said here on Thursday.
Governor Prabha Rau has recommended convening of the winter session of the Assembly from Dec 14 to 21 at Dharamsala, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs J.P. Nadda told a news service.
The last session of the Assembly in August was stormy in which various issues ranging from the appointment of chief parliamentary secretaries to the registration of corruption cases against Steel Minister Virbhadra Singh and his wife, Pratibha Singh were raised by the opposition Congress and stalled proceedings a number of times.
The much-publicised Himachal Pradesh Educational Institutions (Prohibition of Ragging) Act, 2009, to curb ragging in educational institutions in the state was passed by the Assembly in the last session, following a notorious death by ragging.
Dharamsala in Kangra district, the seat of the Tibetan government-in-exile, is also considered the winter capital of the Himalayan state. It is some 250 km from state capital Shimla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Assam flood toll 12, CM makes statement in House
- WATCH: PURE CLASS! Umar Akmal hits three consecutive sixes in game-changing knock
- Hilarious: Chinese girl slips and pulls down man's shorts in bus, this video will leave you in splits
- Modi government to organise 'Bharat Parv' to mark Independence Day
- Girl's hug prank on strangers backfires. See how – Watch