Himachal begins probe into DLF`s project
Shimla: A probe has been ordered into a housing project which is being undertaken for Delhi-based real estate giant DLF in Himachal Pradesh, an official said here Wednesday.
The nod for the project was given by the state`s previous BJP government.
"We began the probe into clearances granted to Bemloe Development and Infrastructure Company to construct the apartments for DLF," Additional Director General (Anti-Corruption) Prithavi Raj told a news agency.
The ruling Congress, when in the opposition was demanding the investigations as it alleged that in just one single day all clearances were granted to DLF by the then BJP government in violation of environmental and land laws.
The ruling party has also demanded scrapping of the project as it is located in a thick forest area and the builder has cut dozens of trees overnight. The builder denies the allegations.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) also has alleged that the then Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government has shown favouritism for the realtors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly