Himachal begins probe into DLF`s project
Shimla: A probe has been ordered into a housing project which is being undertaken for Delhi-based real estate giant DLF in Himachal Pradesh, an official said here Wednesday.
The nod for the project was given by the state`s previous BJP government.
"We began the probe into clearances granted to Bemloe Development and Infrastructure Company to construct the apartments for DLF," Additional Director General (Anti-Corruption) Prithavi Raj told a news agency.
The ruling Congress, when in the opposition was demanding the investigations as it alleged that in just one single day all clearances were granted to DLF by the then BJP government in violation of environmental and land laws.
The ruling party has also demanded scrapping of the project as it is located in a thick forest area and the builder has cut dozens of trees overnight. The builder denies the allegations.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) also has alleged that the then Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government has shown favouritism for the realtors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown