Himachal begins probe into DLF`s project
Shimla: A probe has been ordered into a housing project which is being undertaken for Delhi-based real estate giant DLF in Himachal Pradesh, an official said here Wednesday.
The nod for the project was given by the state`s previous BJP government.
"We began the probe into clearances granted to Bemloe Development and Infrastructure Company to construct the apartments for DLF," Additional Director General (Anti-Corruption) Prithavi Raj told a news agency.
The ruling Congress, when in the opposition was demanding the investigations as it alleged that in just one single day all clearances were granted to DLF by the then BJP government in violation of environmental and land laws.
The ruling party has also demanded scrapping of the project as it is located in a thick forest area and the builder has cut dozens of trees overnight. The builder denies the allegations.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) also has alleged that the then Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government has shown favouritism for the realtors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?