Himachal begins probe into DLF`s project
Shimla: A probe has been ordered into a housing project which is being undertaken for Delhi-based real estate giant DLF in Himachal Pradesh, an official said here Wednesday.
The nod for the project was given by the state`s previous BJP government.
"We began the probe into clearances granted to Bemloe Development and Infrastructure Company to construct the apartments for DLF," Additional Director General (Anti-Corruption) Prithavi Raj told a news agency.
The ruling Congress, when in the opposition was demanding the investigations as it alleged that in just one single day all clearances were granted to DLF by the then BJP government in violation of environmental and land laws.
The ruling party has also demanded scrapping of the project as it is located in a thick forest area and the builder has cut dozens of trees overnight. The builder denies the allegations.
The Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) also has alleged that the then Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government has shown favouritism for the realtors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley