Himachal BJP MP fears threat to life
Shimla: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Rajan Sushant, who has launched a campaign against his own party over corruption, on Sunday sought extra security, saying he fears danger to his life.
"I will move the High Court if the state fails to provide me special security. I am facing threat from certain government functionaries and party activists against whom I have launched an anti-corruption campaign," Sushant said over telephone from his residence at Fatehpur in Kangra district.
Sushant on Friday lodged a criminal case against an executive engineer, a junior engineer and a contractor of the irrigation and public health department for allegedly committing financial irregularities in his constituency Kangra.
"I was forced to sit in the police station at Jawali for more than seven hours on Friday night when I went there to lodge a case. Police officers are acting on the behest of the state government," he alleged.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal on Saturday refused to comment on the issue.
Sushant, who has been openly criticising the Chief Minister, was a minister in the previous Dhumal government in 1998.
Sushant demanded a narco analysis test of Dhumal and his Cabinet ministers over corruption.
Sushant, axed from the party`s state executive body in May for making allegations of corruption against Dhumal and others, has threatened to issue a list of corrupt people occupying high positions in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter