Himachal BJP MP fears threat to life
Shimla: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Rajan Sushant, who has launched a campaign against his own party over corruption, on Sunday sought extra security, saying he fears danger to his life.
"I will move the High Court if the state fails to provide me special security. I am facing threat from certain government functionaries and party activists against whom I have launched an anti-corruption campaign," Sushant said over telephone from his residence at Fatehpur in Kangra district.
Sushant on Friday lodged a criminal case against an executive engineer, a junior engineer and a contractor of the irrigation and public health department for allegedly committing financial irregularities in his constituency Kangra.
"I was forced to sit in the police station at Jawali for more than seven hours on Friday night when I went there to lodge a case. Police officers are acting on the behest of the state government," he alleged.
Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal on Saturday refused to comment on the issue.
Sushant, who has been openly criticising the Chief Minister, was a minister in the previous Dhumal government in 1998.
Sushant demanded a narco analysis test of Dhumal and his Cabinet ministers over corruption.
Sushant, axed from the party`s state executive body in May for making allegations of corruption against Dhumal and others, has threatened to issue a list of corrupt people occupying high positions in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Manchester United invite Pakistan cricket team for a visit at Old Trafford football stadium – See pics!
- Explosion near reception centre for refugees in Zirndorfin of southern Germany
- Italy expels imam who named daughter Jihad
- Assam reels under massive flood; 1.5 million affected
- ENG vs PAK: England all-rounder Ben Stokes ruled out of third test with calf injury