Himachal BJP seeks debate on allegations against CM
Dharamsala: The opposition BJP once again went aggressive in the assembly Friday and protested, demanding debate on the personal allegations against Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh through adjournment motion.
While the proceedings of the assembly continued, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) did not participate and kept raising slogans till the adjournment of the house.
Virbhadra Singh was, however, not present in the house as he was away to Delhi on an official tour.
As soon as Speaker B.B.L. Butail announced the question hour, BJP member Rikhi Ram Kaundal was on his legs and enquired about the adjournment motion notice moved by 14 BJP members to discuss the personal allegations carried in newspapers against the chief minister.
The speaker said he would have to look into the facts before giving any decision. This infuriated the BJP members as they stood up and started raising slogans. They said many facts would come during the discussion.
BJP member Ravinder Ravi said it was a serious allegation that the chief minister`s wife, son and daughter and an office on special duty (OSD) have shares in the Tarini Infrastructure Ltd Company.
Health Minister Kaul Singh Thakur said the company was registered and legally anyone could have shares in it.
Later, the speaker rejected the adjournment motion, following which the BJP members, led by former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal went to the well of the house. The house proceedings continued, but nothing could be heard in the din.
It was for the second time that the BJP brought adjournment motion in the house in the six-day winter session that began Monday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know