Himachal bus rolls into gorge, three killed
Shimla: Three passengers were killed and 17 others injured Sunday when their bus skidded off the road and rolled into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh, police said.
The Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was on its way from Solan town to Shimla when it fell into the gorge near Kandaghat town, 30 km from here.
A police official told IANS the accident happened when the driver was trying to overtake another vehicle.
Most of the injured were rushed to the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla.
Governor Urmila Singh and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh expressed grief over the accident.
Transport Minister GS Bali visited the spot and ordered an inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion