Himachal bus rolls into gorge, three killed
Shimla: Three passengers were killed and 17 others injured Sunday when their bus skidded off the road and rolled into a gorge in Himachal Pradesh, police said.
The Himachal Road Transport Corporation bus was on its way from Solan town to Shimla when it fell into the gorge near Kandaghat town, 30 km from here.
A police official told IANS the accident happened when the driver was trying to overtake another vehicle.
Most of the injured were rushed to the Indira Gandhi Medical College and Hospital in Shimla.
Governor Urmila Singh and Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh expressed grief over the accident.
Transport Minister GS Bali visited the spot and ordered an inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi