Himachal by-poll: Over 52 per cent polling recorded
Shimla: Nearly 52 per cent electorate of sixteen out of seventeen Assembly segments on Sunday exercised their franchise for the Mandi Lok Sabha bypoll which passed of peacefully.
The electorate of rain ravaged Kinnaur constituency would cast their votes on June 27 and counting of votes would take place on June 30.
The polling passed off peacefully and no untoward incident was reported from any part of the sprawling constituency, spread over six out of twelve districts of the state.
Narinder Chauhan, Chief Electoral Officer said the polling started on a dull note and 13.79 per cent voting was registered till 10 AM which picked in the afternoon and final figure crossed 52 per cent.
The highest polling of 66 per cent was recorded in Seraj constituency while lowest 41 per cent was registered in Kullu Assembly segment.
About 5.40 lakh voters out of total electorate of 10.30 lakh cast their votes and polling was over 52 per cent against 61 per cent in 2009 polls.
The seat was vacated following resignation of Virbhadra Singh after he was elected to Vidhan Sabha and resigned from Lok Sabha in January, 2013.
Singh, his wife Pratibha Singh, the Congress candidate for Mandi Lok Sabha seat and their son Vikramaditya cast their vote at Rampur while the BJP candidate Jai Ram cast his vote in Mandi district.
The polling in Kinnaur segment was deferred to June 27 and counting of votes was rescheduled for June 30 and as consequence the restriction on dissemination of exit polls was extended till 5 PM of June 27 till the end of voting in Kinnaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'