Himachal celebrates 43rd statehood day
Shimla: Celebrating the 43rd statehood day of Himachal Pradesh, the state government on Friday announced to raise the social security pension from Rs 450 to Rs 500 per month.
The social security pension for old age, widow, destitute and handicapped persons would go up from Rs 450 to Rs 500 per month, Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said while presiding over the statehood function in Sunni area of the district.
It was on this day in 1971 that Himachal Pradesh was carved out as the 18th state of the country.
On the occasion, the Chief Minister announced a number of schemes aiming to benefit the people of the state.
Singh said free ambulance service would be provided to mother and her new born child after delivery.
Students would be allowed free transport facility in HRTC buses for travelling from home to educational institutions and back, he said.
He also announced the creation of new Sub-tehsil at Dhami and the upgradation of some schools.
Singh said that Hydropower and Tourism development would also get high priority and about 5000 MW power generation would be added in the next five years.
He said so far about 6000 MW hydropower potential had been harnessed and efforts would be made to double it during the 12th five year plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Know why PM Narendra Modi is asking for your support for particular task - WATCH
- Nepali Congress halts House over ''budget leak''
- Here's what Yuvraj Singh said after his long wait for IPL trophy ended
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!