Himachal Cong to launch mass movement against BJP govt
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Congress on Sunday decided to launch a mass movement against the BJP government in the state by highlighting corruption and benami land deals during the monsoon session.
"We will hold state-wide rallies, submit a charge
sheet to the President and gherao the Assembly during the
monsoon session," party general secretary Barinder Singh said
after a meeting of the party.
Referring to corruption in land deals, he said that
scarce land of Himachal was being sold at throwaway prices in
the name of hydropower projects, industry and opening
institutions, and maximum land deals had taken place in Solan
The state Congress is compiling a charge sheet
against the government to be submitted to the President for
seeking CBI inquiry into the charges and the same would be
finalised within next few days, he said.
Taking a dig at the BJP, Singh said that the party had
been fully exposed in Punjab and its acts of commissions had
come into public gaze, and the day was not far when the party
would face the worse situation in Himachal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO