Himachal Cong to launch mass movement against BJP govt
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Congress on Sunday decided to launch a mass movement against the BJP government in the state by highlighting corruption and benami land deals during the monsoon session.
"We will hold state-wide rallies, submit a charge
sheet to the President and gherao the Assembly during the
monsoon session," party general secretary Barinder Singh said
after a meeting of the party.
Referring to corruption in land deals, he said that
scarce land of Himachal was being sold at throwaway prices in
the name of hydropower projects, industry and opening
institutions, and maximum land deals had taken place in Solan
The state Congress is compiling a charge sheet
against the government to be submitted to the President for
seeking CBI inquiry into the charges and the same would be
finalised within next few days, he said.
Taking a dig at the BJP, Singh said that the party had
been fully exposed in Punjab and its acts of commissions had
come into public gaze, and the day was not far when the party
would face the worse situation in Himachal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!