Himachal Cong to launch mass movement against BJP govt
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh Congress on Sunday decided to launch a mass movement against the BJP government in the state by highlighting corruption and benami land deals during the monsoon session.
"We will hold state-wide rallies, submit a charge
sheet to the President and gherao the Assembly during the
monsoon session," party general secretary Barinder Singh said
after a meeting of the party.
Referring to corruption in land deals, he said that
scarce land of Himachal was being sold at throwaway prices in
the name of hydropower projects, industry and opening
institutions, and maximum land deals had taken place in Solan
The state Congress is compiling a charge sheet
against the government to be submitted to the President for
seeking CBI inquiry into the charges and the same would be
finalised within next few days, he said.
Taking a dig at the BJP, Singh said that the party had
been fully exposed in Punjab and its acts of commissions had
come into public gaze, and the day was not far when the party
would face the worse situation in Himachal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi