Himachal Congress to organise `foot march`
Palampur: Congress on Sunday announced to take
out a "foot march" from Solan to Shimla and gherao the
Himachal Pradesh Assembly during the monsoon session against
the acts of "commission and omission" of the BJP government.
The decision was taken at one day "conclave" of the state
unit of the party in which senior Congress leaders, including
Union minister Virbhadra Singh, participated.
The meeting discussed the strategy to oust the BJP in the
next year Assembly polls and decided to submit a "charge
sheet" against the state government to the President in two
A charge sheet drafting committee has already been
constituted under the chairmanship of former minister G S Bali
and it has already started the work.
The meeting adopted five resolutions criticising
"ganging" of various forces against AICC president Sonia
Gandhi, alleged shady of the BJP government in allowing sale
of land in the name of private universities and the wrong
policies of the government for a deficit of Rs 26,000 crore.
AICC in-charge of Himachal Pradesh Birender Singh said
Congress is gearing up for the elections next year and will
expose the misdeeds of BJP.
He said the party campaign would be collectively
spearheaded by VB Singh, HPCC president Kaul Singh and
leader of the opposition Vidya Stokes.
Attacking Ramdev, Birender Singh said the yoga guru must
explain to the nation how he mustered assets worth Rs 1,400
crores in a short span.
However, indiscipline and sloganeering marred the
conclave as some youth members raised "pro-Virbhadra Singh"
slogans, when AICC general secretary and in-charge for
Himachal, Birender Singh, arrived at the venue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India