Himachal doctors request CM to review health care policies
Dharamsala: The Himachal Medical Officers Association (HMOA) today said the health services in the state have been deteriorating due to some wrong policies and urged Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh to look into the matter.
HMOA president Sant Lal Sharma and secretary Jiwa Nand Chauhan, in a letter submitted to the Chief Minister at Kangra today, requested him to personally look into the matter and direct the authorities to review the policies. The quota of medical officers for post-graduation has been reduced from 90 per cent to 66 per cent, causing frustration among irregular candidates, they said.
"Out of 180 post-graduation seats , 90 seats goes to all-India rank holders, and out of remaining 90 seats only 60 seats (including clinical and para-clinical seats) are available for medical officers serving in the state... That`s why they are not keen to join the services," the letter reads.
The HMOA requested the state government to increase post-graduation seats for medical officers to at least 75 to 80 per cent.
Sharma said, "We have requested the CM to review the erstwhile BJP government`s decision to increase the retirement age of medical college teachers from 58 years to 62 years."
"Promotion in the health department is either delayed or juniors are being promoted causing humiliation to seniors," Chauhan claimed. Senior Medical Officers, including Joint Directors, Deputy Directors and CMOs, are being forced to work under OSDs appointed as State Training Programme Officer, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report