Himachal gets six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh Monday expanded his team by administering the oath of office and secrecy to six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries at a function in Shimla.
Rohit Thakur, Nand Lal, Jagjivan Pal, Sohan Lal, Rakesh Kalia and Inder Dutt Lakhanpal were inducted as chief Parliamentary Secretaries.
With their induction, the number of Chief Parliamentary Secretaries in the state rose to nine.
Talking to reporters after the oath-taking ceremony, Virbhadra Singh said the lone vacancy in the 11-member cabinet would be filled at an appropriate time.
He said the ruling Congress was also ready for the Mandi Lok Sabha byelection, the seat that he vacated after being elected as legislator in December 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional