Himachal gets six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh Monday expanded his team by administering the oath of office and secrecy to six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries at a function in Shimla.
Rohit Thakur, Nand Lal, Jagjivan Pal, Sohan Lal, Rakesh Kalia and Inder Dutt Lakhanpal were inducted as chief Parliamentary Secretaries.
With their induction, the number of Chief Parliamentary Secretaries in the state rose to nine.
Talking to reporters after the oath-taking ceremony, Virbhadra Singh said the lone vacancy in the 11-member cabinet would be filled at an appropriate time.
He said the ruling Congress was also ready for the Mandi Lok Sabha byelection, the seat that he vacated after being elected as legislator in December 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh