Himachal gets six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh Monday expanded his team by administering the oath of office and secrecy to six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries at a function in Shimla.
Rohit Thakur, Nand Lal, Jagjivan Pal, Sohan Lal, Rakesh Kalia and Inder Dutt Lakhanpal were inducted as chief Parliamentary Secretaries.
With their induction, the number of Chief Parliamentary Secretaries in the state rose to nine.
Talking to reporters after the oath-taking ceremony, Virbhadra Singh said the lone vacancy in the 11-member cabinet would be filled at an appropriate time.
He said the ruling Congress was also ready for the Mandi Lok Sabha byelection, the seat that he vacated after being elected as legislator in December 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued