Himachal gets six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh Monday expanded his team by administering the oath of office and secrecy to six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries at a function in Shimla.
Rohit Thakur, Nand Lal, Jagjivan Pal, Sohan Lal, Rakesh Kalia and Inder Dutt Lakhanpal were inducted as chief Parliamentary Secretaries.
With their induction, the number of Chief Parliamentary Secretaries in the state rose to nine.
Talking to reporters after the oath-taking ceremony, Virbhadra Singh said the lone vacancy in the 11-member cabinet would be filled at an appropriate time.
He said the ruling Congress was also ready for the Mandi Lok Sabha byelection, the seat that he vacated after being elected as legislator in December 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations