Himachal gets six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh Monday expanded his team by administering the oath of office and secrecy to six Chief Parliamentary Secretaries at a function in Shimla.
Rohit Thakur, Nand Lal, Jagjivan Pal, Sohan Lal, Rakesh Kalia and Inder Dutt Lakhanpal were inducted as chief Parliamentary Secretaries.
With their induction, the number of Chief Parliamentary Secretaries in the state rose to nine.
Talking to reporters after the oath-taking ceremony, Virbhadra Singh said the lone vacancy in the 11-member cabinet would be filled at an appropriate time.
He said the ruling Congress was also ready for the Mandi Lok Sabha byelection, the seat that he vacated after being elected as legislator in December 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections