Himachal govt brings bill to regularise illegal buildings
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday introduced in the state Assembly a bill for regularisation of unauthorised buildings, under which the violators can get their illegal constructions regularised by paying a fee.
The bill, which will amend the HP Town and Country Planning (TCP) Act, seeks to regularise 12,694 unauthorised buildings constructed in violation of the Act.
A provision has been made in the bill to regularise buildings which have unauthorised constructions up to 70 per cent above the sanction plan.
The provisions of the Amendment Bill would be operative for a period of one year.
Introducing the bill, Urban Development Minister Sudhir Sharma said the amendment was necessitated as the high court had asked the government not to regularise unauthorised constructions.
The high court had made the remarks in connection with a case in 2009.
"Considering the HC order (not allowing the government to regularise the illegal buildings) and practice followed in other metropolitan cities of the country to deal with illegal constructions, it has been considered more appropriate to make a special provision in the TCP Act for a specific period of one year as a one-time exemption by charging deterrent fee instead of demolishing such large scale unauthorised constructions, which is neither feasible nor practicable," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant