Himachal govt not to allow more private varsities
Shimla: The state government has decided in
principle not to allow more private universities to set up their premises in districts where they already exist or are in the process of coming up.
"No new private University will be permitted in those
districts where private Universities have already been set up
or are in the process of being set up," a senior government
The BJP government in the state has been under pressure
from various quarters including the party`s student wing the
ABVP not to encourage mushrooming of private universities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon