Himachal govt to file FIR against a private medical college
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh government would file an FIR against a private medical college for not allowing the inspection team of Directorate of Medical College to discharge its duties, a minister said here on Wednesday.
"I have directed the concerned officials to lodge an FIR against the college management for violation of norms and obstructing the government officers from discharging their duty", Himachal Health and Family Welfare Minister Kaul Singh Thakur said, adding that the college was already embroiled in controversies.
Maharishi Markandeshwar Medical College, an infant private medical college in the district, has not allowed the DME inspection team to enter its premises and resorted to violence.
Thakur also said that the government is contemplating to merge the teaching cadre of two government run medical colleges IGMC (Shimla) and Dr RP Medical College (Tanda) and fresh legal opinion is being sought in the matter.
Referring to reduction of 85 MBBS seats in the two government Medical Colleges, the minister said "We want to improve the services at both the premium institutions and rationalise the services of faculty members in a better manner by merging the cadres of two medical colleges".
Thakur said that the decision of the BJP government to separate the cadres of two medical colleges has not served the desired purpose but created new problems as some of the doctors, whose work was not satisfactory, can`t be shifted from their positions.
Referring to ESI medical college and hospital coming up at Ner Chowk (Mandi), Thakur said he recently met the Union Labour Minister and asked for starting classes but there is now a fresh proposal to hand over the college to the Ministry of Health.
Thakur further said he has submitted a proposal to convert the college and hospital into AIIMS as government will provide requite land for its expansion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to become cheaper; Circle rates reduced by 15%
- Iranians pray for peace on holy night
- Goa to continue getting incessant rains till July 1: Met
- Hotness overload! Ranveer Singh, Fawad Khan bromance on reel?
- NIA officer Tanzil Ahmed murder case: Prime accused Muneer nabbed by UP STF