Himachal govt to review timber distribution policy
Shimla: The Congress-led Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday said it is reviewing the timber distribution (TD) policy as eligible candidates are not getting wood.
"We are reviewing the TD policy approved by the previous BJP government. Eligible people in the state are not getting benefits of TD rights as there exists many lacunae in the policy," forest minister Thakur Singh Bharmouri told the legislative assembly.
"The policy suffered from many infirmities and shortcomings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam
- West Indies vs India 2016: Trinidad board launches probe after farcical washout