Himachal govt to review timber distribution policy
Shimla: The Congress-led Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday said it is reviewing the timber distribution (TD) policy as eligible candidates are not getting wood.
"We are reviewing the TD policy approved by the previous BJP government. Eligible people in the state are not getting benefits of TD rights as there exists many lacunae in the policy," forest minister Thakur Singh Bharmouri told the legislative assembly.
"The policy suffered from many infirmities and shortcomings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics