Himachal govt to review timber distribution policy
Shimla: The Congress-led Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday said it is reviewing the timber distribution (TD) policy as eligible candidates are not getting wood.
"We are reviewing the TD policy approved by the previous BJP government. Eligible people in the state are not getting benefits of TD rights as there exists many lacunae in the policy," forest minister Thakur Singh Bharmouri told the legislative assembly.
"The policy suffered from many infirmities and shortcomings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral