Himachal govt to review timber distribution policy
Shimla: The Congress-led Himachal Pradesh government on Wednesday said it is reviewing the timber distribution (TD) policy as eligible candidates are not getting wood.
"We are reviewing the TD policy approved by the previous BJP government. Eligible people in the state are not getting benefits of TD rights as there exists many lacunae in the policy," forest minister Thakur Singh Bharmouri told the legislative assembly.
"The policy suffered from many infirmities and shortcomings," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation