Himachal: Heat wave intensifies in lower reaches
Shimla: Heat wave conditions intensified in the lower reaches of Himachal Pradesh, with mercury at various places settling above the 40 degree-mark.
Una was the hottest in the region with a maximum of 44 degrees, while temperature in Sundernagar settled seven notches above normal at 40.7 degrees Celsius, Met officials said.
While Bhunter registered a maximum of 38.2 degrees, Nahan, Solan and Dharamsala recorded highs of 35.6 degrees Celsius.
Temperature in Shimla went seven notches above normal and settled at 30.1 degrees Celsius.
It remained above normal in the upper reaches of the state also, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!