Himachal heat wave, temp crosses 45 deg Celsius
Shimla: The lower hills of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday bore the brunt of heat wave as mercury stayed six to seven deg C above normal.
Una experienced the hottest day of the summer with mercury soaring to 45.2 deg C, six deg C above normal.
The state capital Shimla also recorded a high of 32 deg C, seven deg C above normal, forcing people indoors.
Sundernagar recorded a high of 41.7 deg C, followed by Bhuntar and Mandi 39.0 deg C, Nahan 38.9 deg C, Solan 37.2 deg C, Dharamsala 36.6 deg C and Kalpa 26.4 deg C, five to seven deg C above normal.
The minimum temperatures also stayed four to seven deg C above normal with Nahan hottest during the night with minimum temperature at 28.6 deg C, six deg C above normal.
Mandi and Dharamsala recorded a low of 25.3 and 25 deg C, five deg C above normal.
The local MeT office has predicted dry weather during next 48 hours with minor fluctuations in mercury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!