Himachal: Heavy snowfall in Manali, Kalpa
Shimla: More snowfall in the picturesque tourist resorts of Manali and Kalpa and the higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh in the past 24 hours kept the temperatures below freezing point, a weatherman said here Thursday.
Manali, which saw one cm of snow, recorded a low of minus 1.8 degrees Celsius, whereas Kalpa, some 250 km from Shimla, saw 2.6 cm thick layer of snow. It recorded the minimum temperature at minus 4.1 degrees, a fall from Wednesday`s minus 3.6 degrees.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest place in the state recording a minimum temperature of 11.7 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
Shimla, which saw partly cloudy conditions Thursday morning, recorded the night temperature of 2 degrees, a fall of two degrees from the previous day.
The weather official said the higher reaches of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Kinnaur and Kullu districts had mild to moderate snow.
The Met Office has forecast partly cloudy conditions in the state till Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH