Himachal: Heavy snowfall in Manali, Kalpa
Shimla: More snowfall in the picturesque tourist resorts of Manali and Kalpa and the higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh in the past 24 hours kept the temperatures below freezing point, a weatherman said here Thursday.
Manali, which saw one cm of snow, recorded a low of minus 1.8 degrees Celsius, whereas Kalpa, some 250 km from Shimla, saw 2.6 cm thick layer of snow. It recorded the minimum temperature at minus 4.1 degrees, a fall from Wednesday`s minus 3.6 degrees.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest place in the state recording a minimum temperature of 11.7 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
Shimla, which saw partly cloudy conditions Thursday morning, recorded the night temperature of 2 degrees, a fall of two degrees from the previous day.
The weather official said the higher reaches of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Kinnaur and Kullu districts had mild to moderate snow.
The Met Office has forecast partly cloudy conditions in the state till Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Money laundering: Chhagan, Sameer Bhujbal's judicial custody extended till June 7
- Posting babies' photos on Facebook put moms at depression risk
- Donald Trump is a joke for America: Chloe Grace Moretz
- Charleston church shooting case: US seeks death penalty for shooter Dylann Roof
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro