Himachal: Heavy snowfall in Manali, Kalpa
Shimla: More snowfall in the picturesque tourist resorts of Manali and Kalpa and the higher reaches of Himachal Pradesh in the past 24 hours kept the temperatures below freezing point, a weatherman said here Thursday.
Manali, which saw one cm of snow, recorded a low of minus 1.8 degrees Celsius, whereas Kalpa, some 250 km from Shimla, saw 2.6 cm thick layer of snow. It recorded the minimum temperature at minus 4.1 degrees, a fall from Wednesday`s minus 3.6 degrees.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti, was the coldest place in the state recording a minimum temperature of 11.7 degrees Celsius below the freezing point.
Shimla, which saw partly cloudy conditions Thursday morning, recorded the night temperature of 2 degrees, a fall of two degrees from the previous day.
The weather official said the higher reaches of Lahaul and Spiti, Chamba, Kinnaur and Kullu districts had mild to moderate snow.
The Met Office has forecast partly cloudy conditions in the state till Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015