Himachal hills turn white again
Shimla: After days of pleasant weather, the cold returned to Himachal Pradesh Sunday with the state`s higher reaches seeing a fresh spell of snow.
The temperature remained near the freezing point in many places, a meteorological department official said.
The state capital, which saw a low of 6.7 degrees Celsius, was lashed by rain, while Kalpa, some 250 km from here, experienced 10 cm of snow, the official said.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, saw 25 cm snow.
Lower areas of the state including Dharamsala, Palampur, Solan, Nahan, Bilaspur, Una, Hamirpur and Mandi towns received moderate rain, bringing down the temperature considerably.
Keylong recorded a low of 0.9 degree Celsius while it was 0.2 degree in Kalpa, 0.8 degree in Manali and 11.6 degrees in Dharamsala.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have been experiencing light to moderate snowfall," said a weather department official.
He said the weather would be dry after Monday but a fresh western disturbance would affect the western Himalayan region from March 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj