Himachal hills turn white again
Shimla: After days of pleasant weather, the cold returned to Himachal Pradesh Sunday with the state`s higher reaches seeing a fresh spell of snow.
The temperature remained near the freezing point in many places, a meteorological department official said.
The state capital, which saw a low of 6.7 degrees Celsius, was lashed by rain, while Kalpa, some 250 km from here, experienced 10 cm of snow, the official said.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, saw 25 cm snow.
Lower areas of the state including Dharamsala, Palampur, Solan, Nahan, Bilaspur, Una, Hamirpur and Mandi towns received moderate rain, bringing down the temperature considerably.
Keylong recorded a low of 0.9 degree Celsius while it was 0.2 degree in Kalpa, 0.8 degree in Manali and 11.6 degrees in Dharamsala.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have been experiencing light to moderate snowfall," said a weather department official.
He said the weather would be dry after Monday but a fresh western disturbance would affect the western Himalayan region from March 27.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged