Himachal hills turn white again
Shimla: After days of pleasant weather, the cold returned to Himachal Pradesh Sunday with the state`s higher reaches seeing a fresh spell of snow.
The temperature remained near the freezing point in many places, a meteorological department official said.
The state capital, which saw a low of 6.7 degrees Celsius, was lashed by rain, while Kalpa, some 250 km from here, experienced 10 cm of snow, the official said.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, saw 25 cm snow.
Lower areas of the state including Dharamsala, Palampur, Solan, Nahan, Bilaspur, Una, Hamirpur and Mandi towns received moderate rain, bringing down the temperature considerably.
Keylong recorded a low of 0.9 degree Celsius while it was 0.2 degree in Kalpa, 0.8 degree in Manali and 11.6 degrees in Dharamsala.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have been experiencing light to moderate snowfall," said a weather department official.
He said the weather would be dry after Monday but a fresh western disturbance would affect the western Himalayan region from March 27.
- ISIS publishes 'hitlist' of 70 US military personnel
- Over 81 percent polling in Bengal assembly polls phase five
- AIADMK government implemented several worker welfare schemes: Jayalalithaa
- Congress criticises Centre for not inquiring Vijay Mallya's transactions
- See pic: Tim Kopra shares view of massive storm near Japan from space!