Himachal hills turn white again
Shimla: After days of pleasant weather, the cold returned to Himachal Pradesh Sunday with the state`s higher reaches seeing a fresh spell of snow.
The temperature remained near the freezing point in many places, a meteorological department official said.
The state capital, which saw a low of 6.7 degrees Celsius, was lashed by rain, while Kalpa, some 250 km from here, experienced 10 cm of snow, the official said.
Keylong, headquarters of Lahaul and Spiti district, saw 25 cm snow.
Lower areas of the state including Dharamsala, Palampur, Solan, Nahan, Bilaspur, Una, Hamirpur and Mandi towns received moderate rain, bringing down the temperature considerably.
Keylong recorded a low of 0.9 degree Celsius while it was 0.2 degree in Kalpa, 0.8 degree in Manali and 11.6 degrees in Dharamsala.
"The high hills in Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu and Chamba districts have been experiencing light to moderate snowfall," said a weather department official.
He said the weather would be dry after Monday but a fresh western disturbance would affect the western Himalayan region from March 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested