Himachal launches drive against female foeticide
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government on Sunday launched a statewide campaign to sensitise the people in rural areas about the social evil of female foeticide, according to the officials.
A statewide folk media campaign on `Beti Hai Anmol`, organised by the state National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in collaboration with the information and public relations department, started in 44 development blocks, state NRHM director Rakesh Kanwar said.
He said 300 artistes would sensitise people through street plays, folk plays and folk songs in Kangra, Una, Solan, Sirmaur, Shimla, Bilaspur, Hamirpur and Mandi districts.
Himachal Pradesh recorded 922 females per 1,000 males in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested