Himachal launches drive against female foeticide
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh government on Sunday launched a statewide campaign to sensitise the people in rural areas about the social evil of female foeticide, according to the officials.
A statewide folk media campaign on `Beti Hai Anmol`, organised by the state National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) in collaboration with the information and public relations department, started in 44 development blocks, state NRHM director Rakesh Kanwar said.
He said 300 artistes would sensitise people through street plays, folk plays and folk songs in Kangra, Una, Solan, Sirmaur, Shimla, Bilaspur, Hamirpur and Mandi districts.
Himachal Pradesh recorded 922 females per 1,000 males in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II