Himachal launches pulse polio immunisation campaign
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem
Kumar Dhumal on Sunday launched another round of pulse polio
immunisation campaign by administering polio drops to infants
up to the age of five years.
Around 7.17 lakh children would be administered pulse
polio drops through 5,855 booths established all over the
state in the first phase of the campaign, Dhumal said after
flagging off the mobile pulse polio van from a regional
hospital here, an official statement said.
He said 24,451 trained personnel have been deployed to
man the booths and hold a door-to-door campaign with 93 mobile
vans and 86 transit teams, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police