Himachal launches pulse polio immunisation campaign
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem
Kumar Dhumal on Sunday launched another round of pulse polio
immunisation campaign by administering polio drops to infants
up to the age of five years.
Around 7.17 lakh children would be administered pulse
polio drops through 5,855 booths established all over the
state in the first phase of the campaign, Dhumal said after
flagging off the mobile pulse polio van from a regional
hospital here, an official statement said.
He said 24,451 trained personnel have been deployed to
man the booths and hold a door-to-door campaign with 93 mobile
vans and 86 transit teams, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS