Himachal launches pulse polio immunisation campaign
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Prem
Kumar Dhumal on Sunday launched another round of pulse polio
immunisation campaign by administering polio drops to infants
up to the age of five years.
Around 7.17 lakh children would be administered pulse
polio drops through 5,855 booths established all over the
state in the first phase of the campaign, Dhumal said after
flagging off the mobile pulse polio van from a regional
hospital here, an official statement said.
He said 24,451 trained personnel have been deployed to
man the booths and hold a door-to-door campaign with 93 mobile
vans and 86 transit teams, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'