Himachal minister is just 10 digits away!
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh transport minister will soon be available on his mobile phone 24x7 to address grievances of commuters and check incidents of misbehaviour in state-run buses.
GS Bali told a news agency that he had told the Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corp (HRTC) to display his phone number 98160 35297 on all buses.
In his second stint as transport minister, Bali has said his number will be painted on all 1,200 luxury and ordinary buses of HRTC.
"Last time (2003-07) also when I was the transport minister I displayed my number on all the buses. At that time, the response from the public was good," he said.
HRTC is also planning to start all-women buses.
"Initially we will start special buses for women on some routes during evening hours," he added.
Initially, these buses will ply in Shimla, Dharamsala and Kangra towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof