Himachal minister is just 10 digits away!
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh transport minister will soon be available on his mobile phone 24x7 to address grievances of commuters and check incidents of misbehaviour in state-run buses.
GS Bali told a news agency that he had told the Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corp (HRTC) to display his phone number 98160 35297 on all buses.
In his second stint as transport minister, Bali has said his number will be painted on all 1,200 luxury and ordinary buses of HRTC.
"Last time (2003-07) also when I was the transport minister I displayed my number on all the buses. At that time, the response from the public was good," he said.
HRTC is also planning to start all-women buses.
"Initially we will start special buses for women on some routes during evening hours," he added.
Initially, these buses will ply in Shimla, Dharamsala and Kangra towns.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis