Himachal minister is just 10 digits away!
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh transport minister will soon be available on his mobile phone 24x7 to address grievances of commuters and check incidents of misbehaviour in state-run buses.
GS Bali told a news agency that he had told the Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corp (HRTC) to display his phone number 98160 35297 on all buses.
In his second stint as transport minister, Bali has said his number will be painted on all 1,200 luxury and ordinary buses of HRTC.
"Last time (2003-07) also when I was the transport minister I displayed my number on all the buses. At that time, the response from the public was good," he said.
HRTC is also planning to start all-women buses.
"Initially we will start special buses for women on some routes during evening hours," he added.
Initially, these buses will ply in Shimla, Dharamsala and Kangra towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO