Himachal minister is just 10 digits away!
Shimla: The Himachal Pradesh transport minister will soon be available on his mobile phone 24x7 to address grievances of commuters and check incidents of misbehaviour in state-run buses.
GS Bali told a news agency that he had told the Himachal Pradesh Road Transport Corp (HRTC) to display his phone number 98160 35297 on all buses.
In his second stint as transport minister, Bali has said his number will be painted on all 1,200 luxury and ordinary buses of HRTC.
"Last time (2003-07) also when I was the transport minister I displayed my number on all the buses. At that time, the response from the public was good," he said.
HRTC is also planning to start all-women buses.
"Initially we will start special buses for women on some routes during evening hours," he added.
Initially, these buses will ply in Shimla, Dharamsala and Kangra towns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?