Himachal Minister quits after graft charges by Cong
Shimla: In a dramatic action, Himachal
Pradesh Health Minister Rajeev Bindal resigned on Monday after
opposition Congress members in the assembly levelled charges
of corruption against him and created pandemonium during the
The action by Bindal, who made a point-by-point rebuttal
of the charges against him, came after he concluded his reply,
went up to the table of Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and
handed over his resignation letter to him.
Later talking to reporters in his chamber, Dhumal said it
was not the first time that the charges have been brought
against Bindal and his resignation was an emotional outburst.
"But if there is anything new in them, we will look into
it", said the Chief Minister without answering a pointed
question if he has accepted or rejected the resignation.
Earlier, the leader of the opposition Vidya Stokes was on
her feet immediately after the House assembled and wanted to
know about the fate of the adjournment motion regarding
corruption charges levelled against Bindal by Himachal Lokhit
Party leaders even before the Question Hour could begin.
Speaker Tulsi Ram said the adjournment motion could not
be accepted under the rules as it was not an immediate urgent
matter and read out some rulings to buttress his contention.
At this, the Congress members trooped into the well of the
House and shouted slogans even as the Speaker went ahead with
the Question Hour.
The Congerss members remained in the well till the
Question Hour was over and left the House after the Speaker
proceeded with the business listed for the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla