Himachal Monsoon session set to be stormy
Shimla: With Assembly elections only months away, the four-day Monsoon session of the Himachal Pradesh assembly starting Monday is likely to be stormy.
While the opposition Congress is set to grill the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government over corruption, the BJP believes it is time to highlight its achievements.
Congress leaders Sunday vowed to get aggressive.
"We will take on the government on the issue of corruption, illegal property transactions and for promoting realtors," a Congress leader told a news agency.
He said irregularities in public distribution system, bad condition of roads and problems of apple growers were also on the party`s agenda.
The Congress Aug 22 gave a "chargesheet" to President Pranab Mukherjee against the government in the hill state and demanded an inquiry against it.
In the "charge sheet", the Congress accused Chief Minister Prem Kumar Dhumal of extending favours to his son Anurag Thakur, a BJP MP, and the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association (HPCA) controlled by him.
There will be four sittings in all. The last day has been earmarked for private members` business. The government has approved the five bills that will be introduced.
They include amending the land ceiling law to allow religious leaders to buy land in excess of the upper limit fixed by law in 1972 and giving 33 percent reservation to women in cooperative societies.
In the BJP-dominated 68-member assembly, the Congress has 23 members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today