Himachal Municipal polls on Jan 3
Shimla: Election to local bodies sans the
Shimla Municipal Corporation will held in Himachal Pradesh on
January 3 next.
Polls will be held for 25 Municipal Councils and 23
Nagar Panchayats, the state Election Commission said.
The nomination process will commence on December 13
and end on December 15, Scrutiny will take place the next day
and the last date for withdrawals is December 18.
The counting will take place immediately after the
voting is over.
For the first time, presidents and vice-presidents of
Municipal Councils and Nagar Panchayats along with members of
the ward will be elected through direct vote.
Fifty per cent seats have been reserved for women in
all urban local bodies. There is no reservation for the post
Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) will used during
the voting, the state Election Commission said.
The term of the Shimla Municipal Corporation will
expire in May 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH