Himachal Police resume search operations for two missing French trekkers
Dharamsala ( Himachal Pradesh): Volunteers have recovered belongings of two missing French trekkers who went missing in foothills of the Himalayas after breaking away from their group near Dharamshala in August 2013, which has prompted the police to resume search operations.
On Monday, a bag belonging to missing French trekkers, Valentin Marcel Gorges, 20, and Francois Xavier Camille, 21 was found by volunteer trekkers near the Moonpeak Range.
"They have handed over some material to the SHO ( Station House Officer (police) McLeodganj, which includes one black colour bag and a rug sack, in which they were two mobiles, one camera, one binoculars, one book and one trouser. And, one shoe of one person has also been recovered near this bag, and also, there was one plastic bottle," said Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Shiv Kumar.
These items were found buried in the snow.
The police added that the items and a bag have been identified by a French woman who was an acquaintance of the tourists.
"And, this material has been identified by one French national named Selena. She has identified this material and further she has quoted that this material belongs to French nationals who had gone missing one year back," said Kumar.
After the recovery of the items, police would be launching the search operations in the same area.
Last year, a massive manhunt was launched for about a week, but heavy rainfall stopped the search operation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday