Himachal police to list sex offenders on website
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh police are set to launch a website which will list the names of sex offenders, an official said here on Wednesday.
The police will maintain a register of sexual offenders and their names will be displayed on its official website, Inspector General (Law and Order) Sanjay Kundu said in a statement.
He said a decision in this regard was taken at a meeting chaired by Director General of Police B Kamal Kumar on Tuesday.
It was also decided at the meeting that gender-sensitisation training would be organised for all the police personnel.
"This will probably make Himachal the first state to adopt a standard procedure to deal with crime related to sexual offences," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days