Himachal polls: Rahul to campaign in Kelylong, Solan
Shimla: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will address election meetings in the picturesque Lahaul Valley in Himachal Pradesh on Thursday.
The first rally will be held in Keylong, after the rally and interacting with the locals, Gandhi will head to Solan town for another rally.
Keylong town, some 450 km from state capital Shimla, is dominated by tribals where night temperatures dropped below the freezing point after Monday`s snowfall.
Officials said Gandhi last visited Keylong in 2009 after the Lok Sabha elections got over.
For the Lahaul and Spiti seat, the Congress has pitted Ravi Thakur against Bharatiya Janata Party`s two-time legislator Ram Lal Markandey.
Himachal Pradesh will go to the polls on Nov 4 and votes will be counted on Dec 20.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan