Himachal polls: Rahul to campaign in Kelylong, Solan
Shimla: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will address election meetings in the picturesque Lahaul Valley in Himachal Pradesh on Thursday.
The first rally will be held in Keylong, after the rally and interacting with the locals, Gandhi will head to Solan town for another rally.
Keylong town, some 450 km from state capital Shimla, is dominated by tribals where night temperatures dropped below the freezing point after Monday`s snowfall.
Officials said Gandhi last visited Keylong in 2009 after the Lok Sabha elections got over.
For the Lahaul and Spiti seat, the Congress has pitted Ravi Thakur against Bharatiya Janata Party`s two-time legislator Ram Lal Markandey.
Himachal Pradesh will go to the polls on Nov 4 and votes will be counted on Dec 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145