Himachal polls: Rahul to campaign in Kelylong, Solan
Shimla: Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi will address election meetings in the picturesque Lahaul Valley in Himachal Pradesh on Thursday.
The first rally will be held in Keylong, after the rally and interacting with the locals, Gandhi will head to Solan town for another rally.
Keylong town, some 450 km from state capital Shimla, is dominated by tribals where night temperatures dropped below the freezing point after Monday`s snowfall.
Officials said Gandhi last visited Keylong in 2009 after the Lok Sabha elections got over.
For the Lahaul and Spiti seat, the Congress has pitted Ravi Thakur against Bharatiya Janata Party`s two-time legislator Ram Lal Markandey.
Himachal Pradesh will go to the polls on Nov 4 and votes will be counted on Dec 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi