Himachal Pradesh Cabinet`s expansion cancelled
Shimla: The first Cabinet expansion of the two-month-old Congress government in Himachal Pradesh which was scheduled for Saturday has been cancelled and is likely to take place next week, an official said here.
Former telecom minister Sukh Ram`s son Anil Sharma was to be inducted as a minister in the 10-member cabinet, led by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
The Cabinet expansion is likely to take place next week, a government spokesperson told a news agency.
There are still two vacancies in the cabinet, he added.
Virbhadra Singh, who had been chief minister in 1983, 1985, 1993, 1998 and 2003, took the oath of office for sixth time Dec 25, 2012 along with his nine cabinet colleagues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29