Himachal Pradesh Cabinet`s expansion cancelled
Shimla: The first Cabinet expansion of the two-month-old Congress government in Himachal Pradesh which was scheduled for Saturday has been cancelled and is likely to take place next week, an official said here.
Former telecom minister Sukh Ram`s son Anil Sharma was to be inducted as a minister in the 10-member cabinet, led by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
The Cabinet expansion is likely to take place next week, a government spokesperson told a news agency.
There are still two vacancies in the cabinet, he added.
Virbhadra Singh, who had been chief minister in 1983, 1985, 1993, 1998 and 2003, took the oath of office for sixth time Dec 25, 2012 along with his nine cabinet colleagues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi