Himachal Pradesh Cabinet`s expansion cancelled
Shimla: The first Cabinet expansion of the two-month-old Congress government in Himachal Pradesh which was scheduled for Saturday has been cancelled and is likely to take place next week, an official said here.
Former telecom minister Sukh Ram`s son Anil Sharma was to be inducted as a minister in the 10-member cabinet, led by Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh.
The Cabinet expansion is likely to take place next week, a government spokesperson told a news agency.
There are still two vacancies in the cabinet, he added.
Virbhadra Singh, who had been chief minister in 1983, 1985, 1993, 1998 and 2003, took the oath of office for sixth time Dec 25, 2012 along with his nine cabinet colleagues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks