Himachal Pradesh CM flags off 50 more ambulances
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday flagged off 50 more ambulances here, which will join the existing fleet of 112 ambulances operating in the state.
The new ambulances, associated with the `108` National Ambulance Service launched by the state government in December 2010, would be deployed across the state, Health Minister Kaul Singh told a news agency.
He said preference to deploy the ambulances would be given to the villages located in the interiors of Chamba, Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti, Shimla and Kangra districts.
To run the round-the-clock free ambulance service, the state has tied up with GVK-EMRI (Emergency Management Research Institute), a Hyderabad-based company, under a public-private partnership mode.
The project is jointly funded by the National Rural Health Mission and the state government.
All the 162 ambulances are furnished with life-saving equipment like automatic external defibrillator and drugs like anti-snake venom.
An ambulance takes 25 minutes to reach a person in urban areas and 35 minutes in rural areas.
Officials said the National Ambulance Service, earlier known as `108` Atal Swasthya Sewa, has so far attended over 300,000 emergency calls, including around 225,000 medical emergencies.
Of the total service provided, 88 percent is in rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack