Himachal Pradesh CM flags off 50 more ambulances
Shimla: Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh on Tuesday flagged off 50 more ambulances here, which will join the existing fleet of 112 ambulances operating in the state.
The new ambulances, associated with the `108` National Ambulance Service launched by the state government in December 2010, would be deployed across the state, Health Minister Kaul Singh told a news agency.
He said preference to deploy the ambulances would be given to the villages located in the interiors of Chamba, Kinnaur, Lahaul and Spiti, Shimla and Kangra districts.
To run the round-the-clock free ambulance service, the state has tied up with GVK-EMRI (Emergency Management Research Institute), a Hyderabad-based company, under a public-private partnership mode.
The project is jointly funded by the National Rural Health Mission and the state government.
All the 162 ambulances are furnished with life-saving equipment like automatic external defibrillator and drugs like anti-snake venom.
An ambulance takes 25 minutes to reach a person in urban areas and 35 minutes in rural areas.
Officials said the National Ambulance Service, earlier known as `108` Atal Swasthya Sewa, has so far attended over 300,000 emergency calls, including around 225,000 medical emergencies.
Of the total service provided, 88 percent is in rural areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next