Himachal Pradesh experiences heavy rain
Shimla: Most of the areas in Himachal Pradesh continued to experience moderate to heavy rainfall on Friday, with Shimla experiencing 41 mm rain. Officials said more showers are in store in the state.
The weather bureau in Shimla said most of the areas, particularly Shimla, Solan, Kangra, Una, Sirmaur and Mandi districts, have been experiencing moderate to heavy rainfall.
Nagrota Suriyan in Kangra district received 90 mm of rain Since Thursday, the highest in the state.
Renuka in Sirmaur district saw 86 mm, Solan town 52 mm and Dharamsala 39 mm.
Met office director Manmohan Singh told a news agency there are chances of heavy rainfall at some places in the state Saturday too.
Meanwhile, widespread rain lowered the maximum temperatures by two to three notches and the minimum by one to two degrees.
Shimla, popular among the tourists as the Queen of Hills, recorded a high of 23.4 degrees Celsius.
Likewise, Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw the maximum temperature at 19.8 degrees Celsius.
Dharamsala recorded the maximum of 27.6 degrees Celsius, while in Una town, the high was 34.8 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam