Himachal Pradesh gets drenched
Shimla: The hills of Himachal Pradesh may see moderate to heavy rainfall in the next few days, a weather official said here on Saturday, following widespread rainfall over the past two days.
"There are chances of heavy spells of rain across the hill state till Monday," an official of the Meteorological Office told a news agency.
He said most of the prominent tourist towns like Shimla, Narkanda, Kufri, Kasauli, Chamba, Dharamsala, Palampur and Manali have been experiencing good spells of rain for the past two days.
Shimla, which saw a mild rainfall of 13.6 mm, recorded a maximum temperature of 24.3 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was 16.6 degrees Saturday.
Likewise, Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw the maximum temperature hovering at 25 degrees Celsius and the minimum was 14.4 degrees Celsius.
Dharamsala recorded 68.4 mm of rainfall with maximum temperature at 30.4 degrees Celsius, while Manali experienced 13 mm of rain and recorded 28 degrees Celsius.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Forest fires rage in Uttarakhand; three NDRF teams deployed
- Raids at Andhra Pradesh transport official's premises reveal assets worth Rs 800 crores
- VIDEO: Have you ever seen this side of Rohit Sharma's personality? We bet not!
- Unbelievable offer! Samsung selling smartphones for Rs 1
- Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' teaser to be out on her birthday?