Himachal Pradesh gets drenched
Shimla: The hills of Himachal Pradesh may see moderate to heavy rainfall in the next few days, a weather official said here on Saturday, following widespread rainfall over the past two days.
"There are chances of heavy spells of rain across the hill state till Monday," an official of the Meteorological Office told a news agency.
He said most of the prominent tourist towns like Shimla, Narkanda, Kufri, Kasauli, Chamba, Dharamsala, Palampur and Manali have been experiencing good spells of rain for the past two days.
Shimla, which saw a mild rainfall of 13.6 mm, recorded a maximum temperature of 24.3 degrees Celsius, while the minimum temperature was 16.6 degrees Saturday.
Likewise, Kalpa in Kinnaur district saw the maximum temperature hovering at 25 degrees Celsius and the minimum was 14.4 degrees Celsius.
Dharamsala recorded 68.4 mm of rainfall with maximum temperature at 30.4 degrees Celsius, while Manali experienced 13 mm of rain and recorded 28 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption